Welcome to Healthwatch-Communities Involved
Local health and social care is changing rapidly. The ways in which people can participate in shaping these services is also changing. From 1 April, a new local consumer champion – local Healthwatch – with the powers to hold local services to account, will be set up in every city and county council in the country.
Four leading national charities have joined forces to raise awareness amongst local people, community groups and volunteers about how they can have a greater role in their services. It wants to make it easier for people from all backgrounds and interests to hold their services to account.
Healthwatch-Communities Involved is a three month drive to encourage more local people, community groups and volunteers to have a greater say on how health and social care services are run in their areas. And we need you to join us!
We invite you to declare your support and interest by joining a map of groups and individuals in England who are ready to help shape these services.
Start by signing up today!
Register your interest now for information and a range of options on ways to get involved with the local Healthwatch in your area.
Activities, events & materials
Over the coming months we will deliver a range of activities to raise awareness encourage a more diverse range of local people and organisations to get involved in their local Healthwatch and the health and social care system, with
- A series of workshops across the country to inspire and provide people with the skills and knowledge to get involved in a way that best suits them, as well as providing the chance to meet and discuss issues with other people interested in shaping local health and social care services
- Free training for local Healthwatch members (and potential members) with sessions on engagement, leadership, roles, responsibilities and equalities
- A range of free materials and resources for you to adapt and share with your members, and
- Our website to make it easy for people to sign up for more information about shaping local services including the new local Healthwatch
We will work with the new health, social care and ‘voice’ organisations to make this map known and help them reach out to involve the people on it.
You can help too!
- Encourage your members to sign up here for more information and to get themselves on the map. We will keep their details on file and ensure that they are kept informed of developments through us or their local Healthwatch
- Download our useful resources and use them with your own groups, networks or members
- Watch for our bulletins and updates and share them with your members
- Check out our website for information about our events to learn more